Taxes & Incentives
True power to profit. Whole-hearted support.
Starting ahead, staying ahead: With its low cost of living and doing business, Hillsboro offers powerful, everyday advantages, augmented by high-value incentives tailored to your operational needs. As a Texas “Type A” corporation, the Hillsboro Economic Development Corporation (HEDC) has the flexibility to deploy incentives strategically customized to boost your bottom line.
Our range of incentives includes:
- Rebates and abatements in property tax and sales tax—linked to future performance, jobs created, wages paid and/or value added to tax rolls.
- Triple-Freeport tax exemption—exempting inventory taxes for products that are shipped out of the state within 175 days of manufacture or entry into the state is offered by the Hillsboro Independent School District, City of Hillsboro and Hill County taxing entities.
- A newly-created Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) for Hillsboro and Hill County is anticipated to be in place by the end of 2023. Should your business benefit from an FTZ it can quickly be secured through a 30-day federal application process.
- Hillsboro’s Municipal Airport on Intestate 35W North of the city is 4,000 feet long and is about to undergo a total rebuild to widen it to 75 feet and eventually increasing the length to over 5,000 feet.
High-powered Texas incentives—including:
- Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) incentives
- Sales and use tax exemptions
- Texas Skills Development Fund
- Texas Enterprise Zone Program
- Workforce training through the Texas Workforce Commission and Hill College.
For more information, contact the Hillsboro Economic Development Corporation (HEDC) at 254-582-5776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.